VOGONS

First post, by blanning

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I found this link:

https://github.com/schlae/ibm-extender

And it has files for creating the circuit boards for these cards. I've done a fair amount of soldering. But I've never had PCBs made before. Can someone suggest a place that can accept these fab files and ship me a few sets of these cards?

thanks

Edit: Since posting this I've discovered pcbway, which looks awesome. Their website read the files and provided a quote, which is pricey for small numbers but not bad in quantity. So I'm thinking to order a larger batch of these and sell them to offset the cost.

Reply 1 of 2, by Thermalwrong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

PCBway or JLCpcb or whichever one suits your pricing 😀 Since these are ISA cards, you'll potentially need to select "ENIG" finish so there's no risk of the lead solder card pads reacting with the gold contacts of the ISA slot.

For my prototypes so far I've just used whatever's cheapest, but those were specifically designed to fit within the cheap sizes of JLCpcb and they're prototypes/mine. Since you're already paying for a big board, it's a good idea to pay up the extra for ENIG gold coating.

Reply 2 of 2, by blanning

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Thermalwrong wrote on 2020-08-29, 14:59:

PCBway or JLCpcb or whichever one suits your pricing 😀 Since these are ISA cards, you'll potentially need to select "ENIG" finish so there's no risk of the lead solder card pads reacting with the gold contacts of the ISA slot.

For my prototypes so far I've just used whatever's cheapest, but those were specifically designed to fit within the cheap sizes of JLCpcb and they're prototypes/mine. Since you're already paying for a big board, it's a good idea to pay up the extra for ENIG gold coating.

thanks