VOGONS

USB2ISA? I'm Skeptical...

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 44, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I heard back from them and they ended up updating their FAQ and fixing some links on their page.

Basically what they meant was that a standard high output PSU, such as an ATX PSU might cause interference.

In any case, I have a recording project to finish up and then I will work on this some more. I have been thinking about it and have a pretty good idea what may need to be done to get it to work like we want.

I will be setting up an XP machine for initial testing so I have the ability for direct hardware access. That should make it much simpler to get DOSBox set up like it needs to be. Not even sure that a lot will need to be changed in DOSBox to make it work with sound cards but I think it will be easier to get it going that way first.

I did look at the ARSTech code and the enumerator should handle everything just fine. DOSBox just needs to be able to be set up to pass through PCM as well. FM passthrough is already available in some versions... and MIDI passthrough is of course already there.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 41 of 44, by digger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Should you not be successful with DOSBox, you might want to consider requesting support for this in Dosemu2. The developers of that project are generally quite open to such feature requests. Recently they added support for the OPL2LPT and OPL3LPT devices as well.

Reply 43 of 44, by digger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
nightowl24h wrote on 2023-08-03, 10:58:

Do you think the USB2ISA would work with Voodoo-cards?

Thanks
Nick

I don't see how that could ever work, since Voodoo cards are PCI cards, not ISA cards.

Reply 44 of 44, by esasoft

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've posted detailed scans and photographs of the device and power supply:
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/caMV0jL6dK37ZQ
Perhaps someone will be able to make a replica, or it will simply be useful in further development.