VOGONS

First post, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm sure that Geforce ti 4200 and FX 5600 would do well for running early windows 98se games using older driver. But what about later games where 57oo is more plentiful and 5900 XT and ZT are more easier to find and not as hard on the money, and can use later drivers would that be good thinking?

I'm trying to understand where these do well in their levels of performance.

I'm thinking about the ease of obtaining these video cards than bottlenecking thing. I'm still considering what CPU to use PIII 800, or 1GHz and other one Athlon XP 1GHz through 2GHz.

Second, not about directx 9, I'm gaming on directx 8.x.

For Directx 9.0c, I use windows XP with i7-2600 using any good GPU card like 7800 GTX or 7900 GTX and later ones.

Cheers,

Last edited by pentiumspeed on 2020-08-31, 01:44. Edited 2 times in total.

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 1 of 2, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Is this for a Pentium 4, Because I think the convo is not worth having if the bottle neck is the system is a pentium 3, cuz that means so what if the card supports DX9 since they both support DX8, if the game is unplayable becasue CPU and ram is small.

Reply 2 of 2, by kolderman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
pentiumspeed wrote on 2020-08-31, 00:37:
I'm sure that Geforce ti 4200 and FX 5600 would do well for running early windows 98se games using older driver. But what abou […]
Show full quote

I'm sure that Geforce ti 4200 and FX 5600 would do well for running early windows 98se games using older driver. But what about later games where 57oo is more plentiful and 5900 XT and ZT are more easier to find and not as hard on the money, and can use later drivers would that be good thinking?

I'm trying to understand where these do well in their levels of performance.

I'm thinking about the ease of obtaining these video cards than bottlenecking thing. I'm still considering what CPU to use PIII 800, or 1GHz and other one Athlon XP 1GHz through 2GHz.

Cheers,

Later drivers are a bad thing, and forget about DX9. For DX8 they are all OK, main thing FX provides over Gf4 is better AA.