VOGONS

First post, by jasa1063

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I had wanted to do a 486 build for quite some time, specifically with a Pentium Overdrive. I got a Mecer 486 PCI Socket 2 motherboard that I later found out it came of a Lazertron arcade machine. The Pentium Overdrive under performed because I could not find a manual documenting the CPU jumpers. All the other jumpers were silk screened on the board. I now have a Lucky Star LS468E Rev C1 Socket 3 motherboard. The manual for this one is easy to obtain online and the CPU jumpers were documented. I now a have fully functional Pentium Overdrive system with 32MB of FPM, S3 Trio64V2/DX 2MB PCI graphics card, Sound Blaster 16 CT2800 ISA sound card, 3Com 3C509B ISA 10Mb Ethernet card and an 8GB Compact Flash drive. My questions concern the LS486E Rev C1 CPU jumpers. The manual only shows the CPU jumpers as a complete group and does not break down settings like dividers for the PCI bus speed. I also believe there are jumper settings for FSB speeds other than 25MHz, 33MHz, or 40MHz. I am planning to experiment with AMD 5x86 and Cyrix 5x86 CPUs. Having these jumper settings to help fine tune things would be a big help. If anyone can provide this info, it would be greatly appreciated.