VOGONS

First post, by FerhatPC

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

my newly bought Compaq Mainboard is on the Go but not ready for a Windows 95 Install. When work is done i can play Retro Games on this Machine, but at first i have to fix some error, maybe not the biggest threads in history of mankind 😁

https://gamehustler.wixsite.com/mainboard

on my website i uploaded a video which is also @ youtube from PC at Boot Up it is showing for maybe 2 very short seconds on the Display the following Message

1801-Microcode Patch Error
Missing or Invalid Processor Microcode Patch. Please Contact Compaq Computer Corporation for a new ROM BIOS to support the new Processor Stepping.

and after the 2 seconds it appears the Message
"Active Partition not found, Press Any Key"

pressing any Key results in showing the same message "Active Partition Not found, Press any Key"

have seen some members here with having knowledge in Compaq PC Computing
let me know how to fix active partitition not found.

i have System ROM 686P0 V.1.10

Reply 1 of 5, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What is the processor you are using with this board?

Sometimes it is not supported if you are piecing together a computer from many sources. Find out about this computer what processors it can support.

Cheers,

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 2 of 5, by FerhatPC

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

the CPU is Intel Pentium III Coppermine 933 MHZ

i have choosen the CPU from a part list

933/133 MHz with fansink (191845-002). Fansink includes fan, heatsink, and clip.
RB80526PZ933256

General specs
Release date: 2000
Microarchitecture: P6
Core Name: Coppermine
Manufacturing Process: 0.18 micron
Socket Type: Socket 370
The Number of Cores: 1
The Number of Threads: 1
Multiprocessing: Supported
Frequency: 933 MHz
Bus speed: 133 MHz
L1 Cache: 16 KB (code)
16 KB (data)
L2 Cache: 256KB
Thermal Design Power: 24.5 / 27.5 Watt

The Mainboard is Intel 815 Chipset Socket 370
Compaq 203966-001 213855-101 mATX PC Motherboard Intel Sockel/Socket 370

Reply 3 of 5, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

hard drive is not prepared properly. Need to be done on same motherboard, delete the old partitions and recreate partitions, format it then
install DOS or windows 98 SE.

Cheers,

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 5 of 5, by Donovan V.

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I am curious if you ever found a way to update the bios chip in yours to support the newer microcode. Reason being that I just built one with that exact motherboard and mine, for some weird reason did not let me update the bios. I wanted to use a Tualatin on that board -which I know from experience IS supported because I have that exact same motherboard with a later bios - but for some very weird reason it will not allow me to update it even with uniflash.

Sorry if I appear to be reviving a defunct thread.