VOGONS

First post, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Does anybody knows if theres a IC that would be pin compatible with an AMI-KEY2 IC..

I have an AMI-KEY2 IC here. Which i can use to dump the data from. Are there chips that are compatible with an AMi-KEY 2 IC? Or knows where to get those AMI KEY2 ICs for flashing.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 1 of 4, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

In theory they are generic 8041/8042 type MCUs with mask ROM and any programmable variation should be workable.

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 2 of 4, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Should it be possible to dump the data from that AMI-KEY 2 without electronic breaking it. Dont know exactly what a mask rom is.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 3 of 4, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Such things usually are protected so that cloning them would require physical access to the ROM inside the chip. The companies who made them are not gonna make it easy for you 🤣.

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 4 of 4, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

IIRC the AMIKey-2 is just AMI KBC version 1.2 that supports PS/2 kb's as well as AT kb's. Nearly any 40pin DIP KBC dated about 1994 should work. I bought one (AMIKey-2) from Radwell International for about $10 back a few years ago to replace one on a 486 but also had tried an AMI generic KBC (Fujitsu w/ AMI KB bios label) from dead 486 on same board w/o issue. If you have a dead 486 with a 40pin DIP KBC I would try it....

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun