Many people ask me If I would consider selling my 2805-S402. Short answer is no, long answer is there is no availability. I have not seen another, so I might not get a chance to ever own another. It is hard enough to find a good 2805 series, it seems impossible to find the one I got that has the geforce 2 go.
However I will give a guide here that should work on getting the 2805 series sound working in pure DOS and 98 properly that should apply to all the other models.
1. To go into BIOS press ESC and it will prompt you to hit F1.
2. 1st page configure parallel port as std-bi direct
3. Press page up or down to go into 2nd bios screen. You want to change Config to all devices instead of by os.
4. For parallel port select not used.
5. Install windows 98
6. You want to use the VXD drivers for windows I will link to to.
7. Go to device manager select the parallel port and manually change the resources. That means uncheck automatic settings.
go through the basic configurations until you find the setting that doesn't use and IRQ. On mine that is setting 003. Then Save that and I went ahead and disabled the port anyways.
8. for sound a video game controller you want to click on the legacy sound system, again you want to manually set the resources. Try Basic configuration 2. Change to IRQ7 DMA 1 io 220-220f, 388-038f, 330-0331f etc These are the like the default legacy values.
1. You have to use the modified 810/815 driver I'll link.
2. The SET Blaster Parameters. are SET BLASTER=A220 I7 D1 T4
3. I already configured this in the driver I am going to link here. But if you use the one off Phils computer page you need to change somethings to get it to work.
4. If you use some other driver than the one for here. Be advised that the one from phils has the wrong environmental variables set up in the batch file and you need to change that.
5. To configure you go "YMFIRQ 11" without quotes at the command prompt.
6. Type SETUPDS Change it to S-IRQ and then you can change it to I7 220 D1 ETC. With the driver I will link it should already be setup for you. Then save.
7. Then to run the driver you type Loadtsr at the command prompt that's all.