VOGONS

First post, by bit22

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi
I have pretty Presario CDS 528 and sometimes games not work with 0,5mb.
This is not problem, you can add new VGA with 1mb . What you need :
- ISA VGA card 1mb or better
- vga cable
- 20 minutes, screwdriver, soldering iron (only for soldering needles on cable ends)

VGA cable is under floppy drive 3,5
Pinouts VGA cable from CDS computer and VGA cable in 99% is same.
pinouts
https://articles.triplewidemedia.com/choosing … ideo-cable-vga/

But when your cable have anther color, not problem. If you're not sure you can connect vga on power computer.
Nothing will be damaged if you do not close the wires. Even if the monitor signals are connected in the wrong order, they will not break either the monitor or the cga card.
The total cost upgrade was 5$. Working very well. The computer is still original and you can return to the previous configuration. Currently is 1mb vga , 64mb ram , 2gb CF. Works faster.

Does anyone know which pins to connect 4.5v batteries for RTC compaq CDS 528 ? I do not know where the positive pin is.

And does anyone know about a group of people creating an open source AMD 5x86 processor adapter like evergreen ? They have to provide documentation so that everyone can order the adapter themselves at a much lower price than on ebay.

Reply 1 of 2, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
bit22 wrote on 2020-11-02, 17:59:

Does anyone know which pins to connect 4.5v batteries for RTC compaq CDS 528 ? I do not know where the positive pin is.

And does anyone know about a group of people creating an open source AMD 5x86 processor adapter like evergreen ? They have to provide documentation so that everyone can order the adapter themselves at a much lower price than on ebay.

Is it like this one:

Attachments

• CDS 524.jpg
    Filename
    CDS 524.jpg
    File size
    87.69 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 2 of 2, by NORTHERN WALLY

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Wow that's sounds grate, exception for the only two ISA slots available. I've used it for SoundBlasterAWE64Gold and a 3COM network card 🤔. I've upgraded to a Overdrive 100MHZ CPU and a 4GB CF Card. Tried a CPU Kingston 133MHZ with no luck due to the WB/WT not available.

Could it be possible to mount a ISA riser with 3 slots? Love this machine, but the 512kb video memory is way to small!