VOGONS

First post, by Grayshazzle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey all, I just got this card and and saw two jumpers placed onto the board in a certain location that has some white around it signaling that it basically would go here. What does this even do as a setting and is it a factory standard for this card? My model number is different but the same principles of the card are there along with the functions. Thanks.

Attachments

• 1.png
    Filename
    1.png
    File size
    416.65 KiB
    Views
    File license
    CC-BY-4.0

Reply 1 of 4, by Joseph_Joestar

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That entire header is meant for the corresponding front panel device, one of these:

ZS_Front.JPG
Filename
ZS_Front.JPG
File size
60.69 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

You're not supposed to put any jumpers there, it's where the ribbon cable leading to the front panel connects to.

PC#1: Pentium MMX 166 / Soyo SY-5BT / S3 Trio64V+ / Voodoo1 / YMF719 / AWE64 Gold / SC-155
PC#2: AthlonXP 2100+ / ECS K7VTA3 / Voodoo3 / Audigy2 / Vortex2
PC#3: Athlon64 3400+ / Asus K8V-MX / 5900XT / Audigy2
PC#4: i5-3570K / MSI Z77A-G43 / GTX 970 / X-Fi

Reply 2 of 4, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

By pure chance SScorpio just answered your question in a similar post!
Auzentech Prelude 40 pin header uses?

Note at the bottom says jumper across 25-35 tricks the card into thinking you have a front panel like the one above, not sure why you want want to though?

Reply 3 of 4, by SScorpio

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
chinny22 wrote on 2020-12-09, 09:57:

Note at the bottom says jumper across 25-35 tricks the card into thinking you have a front panel like the one above, not sure why you want want to though?

If you aren't connecting anything else to the card, there's no reason to. But the jumper does enable some inputs which are disabled without an Audigy Drive connected.