VOGONS

First post, by jasa1063

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I am looking for documentation concerning this 386 chipset. About the only thing I know is that is has an integrated 8KB L1 cache in the chipset. I have been unable to find any datasheets or documentation anywhere.

Reply 1 of 7, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I can't find anything on Google. 386 chipsets are usually very poorly documented nowadays.

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 2 of 7, by jasa1063

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
debs3759 wrote on 2020-12-10, 00:00:

I can't find anything on Google. 386 chipsets are usually very poorly documented nowadays.

Thanks for doing some checking as well.

Reply 3 of 7, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

386 datasheets were never that easy to find.
However, unlike many other chipset manufacturers, Macronix is still around. Have you tried asking them?

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 4 of 7, by jasa1063

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Anonymous Coward wrote on 2020-12-10, 04:47:

386 datasheets were never that easy to find.
However, unlike many other chipset manufacturers, Macronix is still around. Have you tried asking them?

I have been to their website and went on archive.org to check older versions of the website. I have not been able to find anything that way. I have not directly reached out to them. I will look into that.

Reply 5 of 7, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Searching for older versions of the website would probably be fruitless, because the archives only go back to 1996, and I think Macronix got out of the chipset business a few years before that.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium