VOGONS

Reply 20 of 23, by canthearu

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

great to hear you are getting it going.

Regarding ebay sourced RTC modules, just be aware it is a bit of a crapshot. You may get an RTC with years of life in it, or one that is virtually flat, you just don't know.

Reply 21 of 23, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
canthearu wrote on 2020-12-19, 13:55:

Regarding ebay sourced RTC modules, just be aware it is a bit of a crapshot. You may get an RTC with years of life in it, or one that is virtually flat, you just don't know.

Very true ! My last few batches bought came from Digikey and Quest Components and all tested good, but who knows how long the batteries will last in each of them.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 22 of 23, by UltimateElectronic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah, I was always somewhat aware of that, I'm trying to monitor how the system runs every now and again, it's been a while since I've last pulled it out, I should probably check on it again...

Reply 23 of 23, by UltimateElectronic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Horun wrote on 2020-12-19, 20:04:

Very true ! My last few batches bought came from Digikey and Quest Components and all tested good, but who knows how long the batteries will last in each of them.

Yeah, I plan to ultimately get one of the maintainable replicas, expensive but they'll last much longer.