VOGONS

First post, by thegenerallee86

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am trying to figure out how to get a Video driver S3 Trio 3d Onboard Graphics onto an old IBM 3oo PL Pentium III 550Mhz so I can play in 256 colors without having to go buy CD-Rs and burn them though I do have a DVD/CD Burner on my main High end computer that I am using now. I just bought it a while ago and have a collection of Classic old games that I want to play on Original hardware that would of played it back in the day. Anyone have any ideas?

Reply 1 of 3, by Tommaso72

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have the drivers if all else fails. I'm not sure how I would get them for you, but I could zip them up. I have never done it before, but it can't be that difficult. I believe I found them on line about six months ago, I will take a look again to see I remember the site and post it here. Get back to you.

Tommaso

-Edit- Just read your post again and I believe you already have the driver, you need to install it on your computer. You could do it through the network or using the program 'Laplink', if you have a null modem connector for a parallel cable. Another program you could use would be 'The Flying Dutchmen'. I think the easiest way would be to burn it on a CD by temporarily hooking up a CD player. I don't think there is an easier way than that, unless your connected to the network, but you might not have the network drivers, then your in the same fix again. USB i think is out of the question. Sorry I can't help more. Let me know if I misunderstood.

Last edited by Tommaso72 on 2021-01-30, 18:24. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 2 of 3, by thegenerallee86

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Actually figured it out on my Own and it was a little hard but was able to get them networked directly together and see the IBM with my Windows 10 pc and transfer them that way. Now I can install all the old games I bought on original Hardware! Thanks though!

Reply 3 of 3, by thegenerallee86

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I got me a Jaton Geforce 6200 and want to get it working on this rig cause I bought a pci one and I already tried it once but not sure if it is driver or because I am using a Y splitter that came with it and it is DVI-I DMS-59 to 2 VGA outputs splitter, The drivers will install but upon restart the computer will be in 640x480 and when I change it to anything thing else other than that it will restart and go past windows logo and then text about updating Windows etc and then it go to blank screen with blinking cursor in the upper left corner and won't go any further? I know the cards fan is spinning. I think it is something to do with drivers, size of the Video Ram, or the splitter maybe it needs 2 monitors plugged into it?

The System has windows 98 and I am using this exact model Jaton NVIDIA GeForce 6200 512MB DDR2 PCI Graphics Card VIDEO-348PCI-LP