VOGONS

First post, by Acid_Burn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi!
I realy need help. I'm looking for one file from old Acer's FTP. It's a flash tool for my Acer Note 950cx also known as Acrobat Univers.
The file is in here:
ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/notebook/note … /bios/flash.zip
Without it I can't flash the latest BIOS R1.6

note 950.jpg
Filename
note 950.jpg
File size
283.52 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 1 of 27, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Deksor wrote:

Tag

Deksor should have a full backup of this FTP server.

Also, Deksor have shared it on https://archive.org/details/ftp.support.acer- … uro.com.zip.001, but there is only torrent download (with no seeders) and no file list.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 2 of 27, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There are two seeds now (both being archive.org, who seed everything they link to).

I have a habit of downloading every archived OEM ftp site I become aware of . Can never be too prepared 😀

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 4 of 27, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah it's a pretty large archive (400+GB), and sending stuff to archive.org is so slow and buggy I have to complete it by small bits. I've sent something like 33% to archive.org

I can find your file though. Let me search ^^

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 5 of 27, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Deksor wrote on 2021-02-11, 23:05:

Yeah it's a pretty large archive (400+GB), and sending stuff to archive.org is so slow and buggy I have to complete it by small bits. I've sent something like 33% to archive.org

I see the struggle! Do you know if/when all the files are uploaded, the contents will be shown/searchable? The best would be if individual files could be downloaded.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 6 of 27, by Acid_Burn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It means a lot for me and others who like old machines 😀

Will be great 😁 Thank you.

Reply 7 of 27, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah I know ... I'm not really experienced with archive.org. I was told that this was a "good way" to upload large files, but I'm not really sure ...

Here you go 😀

There are other useful files in there, but I can't send them here because archiving the whole directory is too large for vogons.

Attachments

• Filename
    bios.zip
    File size
    155.42 KiB
    Downloads
    69 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 8 of 27, by Acid_Burn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Deksor wrote on 2021-02-11, 23:29:

Yeah I know ... I'm not really experienced with archive.org. I was told that this was a "good way" to upload large files, but I'm not really sure ...

Here you go 😀

There are other useful files in there, but I can't send them here because archiving the whole directory is too large for vogons.

Thank you so much! OMG I'm so happy 😁

Reply 9 of 27, by freaked

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Deksor, I noticed you never finished uploading the backup to archive.org - may I ask you to provide me these files:
http://web.archive.org/web/20090516053001/htt … gy/utility.html

Travelmate C200 Notebook multilingual eTechnology utilities
Acer Empowering Technology Framework Version 2.1.17.37 (install this utility first)
was: /notebook/empowering_technology/utility/tmc200/Empowering_2.1.17.37.zip
Acer eLock Management Version 1.7.6.17
was: /notebook/empowering_technology/utility/tmc200/eLock_1.7.6.17.zip
Acer eDataSecurity Management Version 1.00.21
was: /notebook/empowering_technology/utility/tmc200/eDataSecurity_1.00.21.zip
Acer ePerformance Management Version 1.0.7.17
was: /notebook/empowering_technology/utility/tmc200/ePerformance_1.0.7.17.zip
Acer ePower Management Version 1.6.6.276
was: /notebook/empowering_technology/utility/tmc200/ePower%201_6_6_276.zip
Acer ePresentation Management Version 1.1.4.819
was: /notebook/empowering_technology/utility/tmc200/ePresentation.v1.1.4.819.64-bit%2008-19-05.Full.zip
Acer eRecovery Management Version 1.2.15.1
was: /notebook/empowering_technology/utility/tmc200/eRecovery%201.2.15.1.zip
Acer eSettings Management Version 1.2.14.27
was: /notebook/empowering_technology/utility/tmc200/eSettingsN_1.2.14.27.zip

Unfortunately I am blocked from sending PMs since my account is new. Crappy rule. Hope someone can ping him for me, otherwise chances are low to get my device running.

Thank you in advance!

Reply 10 of 27, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Here's what you asked : https://www.mediafire.com/file/a88gmrqnp0xn1x … /tmc200.7z/file

Reply 12 of 27, by freaked

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry Deksor, can I ask you once again for help by dumping me the whole folder "ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/travelmate_c200/"?
It contains the drivers and other utilities listed here: http://web.archive.org/web/20090426215935/htt … ok/tm_c200.html

Thank you in advance!

Reply 13 of 27, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Here you go https://www.mediafire.com/file/65sg9c41mx301s … te_c200.7z/file

Reply 14 of 27, by freaked

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you very much!

I cloned the files to archive.org for others:
https://archive.org/details/acer-travelmate-c200-drivers

What is your progress with providing your FTP backup to archive.org?
I know uploading there is slow as hell and aborts randomly, but I worked around this issue by creating an 1 MB ZIP to just create the page and afterwards edit it and upload in 500MB parts. If one upload fails, you at least don't need to start over and over again.

Reply 15 of 27, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well this is pretty much what I've been doing, but we're talking about 420GB worth of data ...
It crashes every so often, so I got bored and forgot about it. I've uploaded 64 files out of 104, so I'm about 2/3 through.

Reply 16 of 27, by DD-Indeed

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Logged in to request something. I recently got Acer Extensa 355 and I'm restoring it to full working order, HDD was shot and CMOS battery dead. Did dig up as much as I could to find drivers/restore CD for it, but only things I found for it was audio and video driver from one Slovakian site. So would basically need everything for it, including the BIOS, if you happen to have those. Thanks in advance!

Reply 17 of 27, by hnklp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, may I also ask you for some drivers? I recently reinstalled my TravelMate 212TX and can't seem to find drivers anywhere. I would like all the files from this page.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100216201137/ht … ook/tm_210.html

Thank you in advance.

Reply 18 of 27, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Here are the files https://www.mediafire.com/file/dey71v9xuzpwas … te_210.zip/file