VOGONS

Reply 41 of 81, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Zipped is 127GB.

Unzipped is about the same because all the files downloaded are zip archives already (so that's a zip of zips ...)

Everything is online now 😀

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 42 of 81, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Really nice work!

I have one more request though, is it possible you could make separate zips just with HTML files? Makes it much simpler to download just those files and browse around (then you can use show contents to get the specific zip file).

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 43 of 81, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
vetz wrote on 2021-03-04, 19:14:

Really nice work!

I have one more request though, is it possible you could make separate zips just with HTML files? Makes it much simpler to download just those files and browse around (then you can use show contents to get the specific zip file).

If it isn't too much trouble, I too would definitely download this and keep it on my PC!

Easiest way to do it would probably be to just dump all the zips to a folder, use Windows search to look for *.zip and *.exe (or a third party search program that lets you search extensions) and just delete them all, then re-zip everything.

Now for some blitting from the back buffer.

Reply 44 of 81, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thanks am DLing ... hmm

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 45 of 81, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just want to grab Deksor's zip of sound-card drivers from archive.org. Direct download is not a great option, so I just want to grab the torrent and select the bits I want. Problem is, the soundcard zip is not part of the torrent!

xxx-drivers.jpg
Filename
xxx-drivers.jpg
File size
32.36 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

This seems like it would be an archive.org problem, not a Deksor problem. Is it like this for anyone else?

Reply 48 of 81, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

soundcard-drivers.zip is there. Not sure if it's in the torrent file though as don't currently have the drive space to download it all.

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 49 of 81, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Deksor wrote on 2021-03-04, 19:12:

Zipped is 127GB.

Unzipped is about the same because all the files downloaded are zip archives already (so that's a zip of zips ...)

Everything is online now 😀

I fear we have missed out on some of the files. Seems .exe is also a valid extension. I found this out when trying to get the ProMedia XR drivers for LGR.

http://www.cdrom-drivers.com/drivers/22/22296.htm
Download: https://driversdownload.solvusoft.com/d22296.exe

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 51 of 81, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Even archive.org isn't immune from loss - in the last couple of weeks I've visited bookmarked links for both Gateway & Supermicro downloads (some of which I've linked here), and the files are no more 🙁

Reply 52 of 81, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PC Hoarder Patrol wrote on 2022-01-21, 07:47:

Even archive.org isn't immune from loss - in the last couple of weeks I've visited bookmarked links for both Gateway & Supermicro downloads (some of which I've linked here), and the files are no more 🙁

Wow, and they were user uploads (not wayback)? Wonder if the users have taken them down or something else has happened. Bit weird.

Reply 53 of 81, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Pierre32 wrote on 2022-01-21, 08:02:

Wow, and they were user uploads (not wayback)? Wonder if the users have taken them down or something else has happened. Bit weird.

No, these weren't user uploads but old archived pages / files from the respective company websites - guess it makes sense now to download what you find, rather than just link it.

Reply 54 of 81, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

For sure. Sometimes I'll find downloads that work today, don't work tomorrow, but might work again later. It's weird. I definitely snatch things I need straight away, just in case.

Reply 55 of 81, by Joseph_Joestar

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ars Technica has a very detailed BIOS settings guide from 2002:

https://arstechnica.com/features/2002/09/bios-2/

It nicely explains some of the more obscure options, such as I/O Recovery Time and Passive Release for example.

PC#1: Pentium MMX 166 / Soyo SY-5BT / S3 Trio64V+ / Voodoo1 / YMF719 / AWE64 Gold / SC-155
PC#2: AthlonXP 2100+ / ECS K7VTA3 / Voodoo3 / Audigy2 / Vortex2
PC#3: Athlon64 3400+ / Asus K8V-MX / 5900XT / Audigy2
PC#4: i5-3570K / MSI Z77A-G43 / GTX 970 / X-Fi

Reply 56 of 81, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

This is very odd. If it's in the Wayback Machine, then it should still be there. Were they taken out with some robots.txt shenanigans (such as the old domain coming under new ownership)? (Archive.org respects that file, sometimes.)

Otherwise, try checking again - archive.org had scheduled downtime the other week, for instance.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 57 of 81, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Stiletto: archive.org recently took down a few of my older uploads, they said violated something but when first posted did not. Am guessing that someone complained so they went thru and removed things. Could be wrong and do know that they have had some issues lately...

As for the OP I have a few old manu website links from early 2000's in my bookmarks from back then that links many old hardware sites..
Here is one that archive org had scanned in 2003 : http://web.archive.org/web/20030320092134/htt … /Computing/all/
useful for finding some old websites....thru archive org of course..
Maybe some one will scrape the link data for us.....

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 58 of 81, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Horun wrote on 2022-01-22, 03:19:

Stiletto: archive.org recently took down a few of my older uploads, they said violated something but when first posted did not. Am guessing that someone complained so they went thru and removed things. Could be wrong and do know that they have had some issues lately...

User uploads is a completely different situation. PC Hoarder Patrol was instead talking about stuff in the Wayback Machine, see above: Re: Link Repository for Vintage PC Driver\Documentation Archives, FTPs, Websites

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 59 of 81, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Not sure if this site is listed anywhere here on Vogons, but I have used it a bit of late and perhaps it can be of use to others.

http://web.inter.nl.net/hcc/J.Steunebrink/k6plus.htm

Its got a ton of latest BIOS files for Super 7 board that provide K62+ and K63+ bios files and also modded Bios files for boards that never got updates to support these CPUs, the modded files also bring 128gb drive support to many boards that never got it.

Its fairly comprehensive and covers a lot of boards, also has a good bit of info about may of the bios files and modded files and what boards and revisions they are for.