VOGONS

First post, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Got given a WinFast NF4K8AC-6LRS motherboard off Freecycle, but I can't find a working link for the drivers. I though it was a LeadTek board, but apparently WinFast motherboards were Foxconn.

Has anyone got an idea how to find the drivers? Every link I tried either tried to install viruses, wanted me to download a driver updater, or just simply was broken. Even the product pages I found on the wayback machine had broken links to the drivers page.

Is there any point just searching for drivers for the chipset, LAN and audio chips separately elsewhere? Never tried that for other boards, so I'm not sure if that would give me good drivers for the board. Alternatively, is XP-32 or XP-64 likely to have drivers built in? It's a socket 939 board, if that makes a difference. If I knew the driver file names, I would search for them.

Another option would be if anyone knows of an ftp mirror or backup for foxconn.

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 2 of 3, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That worked, thanks. For some reason, the same links failed a couple of hours ago 😀

Just gotta see if XP has LAN drivers that work, I'm reasonable hopeful on that.

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 3 of 3, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If the drivers hadn't been directly available, then searching for the PCI ID should get you results. Many other motherboards were most likely equipped with the same LAN controller.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes