VOGONS

Dude, you're getting a Dell

Topic actions

Reply 21 of 30, by RedCharles

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Lol. Lots of funny posts.

I drank a lot of beer last night. No Trans Am appeared. I passed out on the couch. I actually threw up when I tried to eat breakfast. Then I got a speech from my Dell about how I'm a bad father, I'm disgustingly fat, and things can't go on like this. And what can I say? It's all true. I tried to explain that I was just trying to drink happiness, but my cold Dell with its Pentium precision wasn't buying any of my bullshit.

I also bought tickets to the Kiss farewell tour. So I've got that going for me. Somehow I bought four tickets. None of my friends want to go. I pleaded with them. Kiss has like at least four good songs I said. But conversation ends like a fish wriggling free from my hands and I realize, I'm surrounded by people, but always alone.

Reply 22 of 30, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RedCharles wrote on 2021-03-02, 08:30:

I drank a lot of beer last night. No Trans Am appeared. I passed out on the couch. I actually threw up when I tried to eat breakfast. Then I got a speech from my Dell about how I'm a bad father, I'm disgustingly fat, and things can't go on like this. And what can I say? It's all true. I tried to explain that I was just trying to drink happiness, but my cold Dell with its Pentium precision wasn't buying any of my bullshit.

I also bought tickets to the Kiss farewell tour. So I've got that going for me. Somehow I bought four tickets. None of my friends want to go. I pleaded with them. Kiss has like at least four good songs I said. But conversation ends like a fish wriggling free from my hands and I realize, I'm surrounded by people, but always alone.

Four good songs? Let's see: Detroit Rock City, Rock n Roll All Nite, Lick It up, Heaven's On Fire?

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 23 of 30, by Hezus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You've missed the great opportunity to buy tickets for a different artist:
Adele

😉

Visit my YT Channel!

Reply 24 of 30, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Hezus wrote on 2021-03-02, 21:11:
You've missed the great opportunity to buy tickets for a different artist: Adele […]
Show full quote

You've missed the great opportunity to buy tickets for a different artist:
Adele

😉

IMHO, the best Trans Am music is this
https://youtu.be/jAG4XXCOj48

Reply 25 of 30, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I despair sometimes! The only group I ever considered worth paying full price to see was The Eagles, when Joe Cocker was playing with them 😀

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 26 of 30, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
debs3759 wrote on 2021-03-03, 00:09:

I despair sometimes! The only group I ever considered worth paying full price to see was The Eagles, when Joe Cocker was playing with them 😀

I got to experience Alan Parsons Project live before the plague came upon us . RIP Eric Woolfson .

Reply 27 of 30, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Saw Queen during their "Bicycle" tour back in summer 1980. They were the supposed to be opened by some no name group that did not show so they played for 3+ hours.
Best concert for the money back then. Saw tons of other concerts from 1977 thru 1about 990 plus a few later but that one always sticks as the best for me.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 28 of 30, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Horun wrote on 2021-03-03, 04:28:

Saw Queen during their "Bicycle" tour back in summer 1980. They were the supposed to be opened by some no name group that did not show so they played for 3+ hours.
Best concert for the money back then. Saw tons of other concerts from 1977 thru 1about 990 plus a few later but that one always sticks as the best for me.

I would have loved to see them in those years . The closest I'll get is a DVD (just saw a Blu Ray is available, cool!) of the 1981 Montreal concert .

Reply 29 of 30, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I purposefully avoided those heaps back in the day mainly because of the proprietary shit they did with their hardware.

also, I think OP had a stroke. you alright Dude? smell toast?

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
Sphere’s socket 5/7 cpu collection.
-
SUCCESSFUL K6-2+ to K6-3+ Full Cache Enable Mod
-
Tyan S1564S to S1564D single to dual processor conversion (also s1563 and s1562)

Reply 30 of 30, by amadeus777999

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
shamino wrote on 2021-03-01, 10:35:
A Pentium 4 Dell is a lot like a Trans Am. The serious modern world may scoff at it with judgmental derision, but it does the j […]
Show full quote
RedCharles wrote on 2021-03-01, 08:04:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcj34XixuYg

And as Kiss is my witness, I'm gonna buy another Trans Am. And I'm gonna drink until it comes true.

A Pentium 4 Dell is a lot like a Trans Am. The serious modern world may scoff at it with judgmental derision, but it does the job with enthusiasm and noise.
I hotrodded a similar system and named it "Eleanor"
Gone in 60 Seconds - Eleanor.jpg
admittedly not a Trans Am but I'm with you in spirit.

Very well put!