VOGONS

First post, by B24Fox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to repair a "WinFast A250 Ultra" video card, that had some SMD components ripped off it's back side.
In order to figure out what i need to put where, i need a clear picture of the back of the card (especially towards the rear edge).

I found something on the internet, but i can't make out the value on the resistors.

If anyone has this card, can you please post here a good clear image?
I know PHILL (from PhilsCompurterLab) has one, but i forgot his exact user name here on Vogons.

Basically I need a picture of this area, but better resolution :

Thanks!

Attachments

Reply 2 of 7, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The card uses the reference layout with a special cooler afaik. Apart from the few transistors/resistors/capacitor for the secondary fan circuit the SMD parts are identical to any other reference Ti 4600.
There are good high res photos here: http://hw-museum.cz/vga/185/nvidia-geforce4-t … 4600--original-
Hope this helps!👍

Phil doesn't post here anymore btw.

Reply 3 of 7, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Oh, and if they are broken off you should be able to get the values for the sec fan circuit from the primary fan circuit on the linked card or on yours. You find them right next to the AGP connector:
R1232 = R1223
R1233 = R1223
C1560 = C1561
Q215 = Q214
D625 = D622

(No warranties of course. 😉)

Reply 4 of 7, by B24Fox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This is great! 😁
Thank you Doornkaat!

L.E.
The broken off components are:
D617
C1233
R1080

Do you have any idea if all these are only for the fan controller?
I mean, could the card start without them??

Reply 6 of 7, by B24Fox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's gonna be a bit of a pain... but I have a capacitor meter, and plan to desolder and measure some caps on the board that look identical to those that are missing.
So i think/hope it is in the realm of possibility to fix it.
Thank you again Doornkaat, for the very useful directions 😀