VOGONS

First post, by EPoX

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

today i read the news about toshiba ending the laptop business after 35 years

it would be a good time to grab all drivers, toshiba is one of the few that still has all drivers on their website.

You know what happens in the future

Reply 1 of 4, by Thermalwrong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I thought this happened a while ago? Toshiba have split off the laptop business due to accounting issues, I Think it went to Sharp. The laptop business rebranded as its japanese product line name of 'Dynabook'. The website already moved over from Toshiba to Dynabook, with all the drivers still there.

I'm hoping that hasn't changed, is there some new news saying Dynabook is going away too?

Reply 2 of 4, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah was a few years ago iirc that Toshiba spun off a big chunk to Sharp. Just checked and Sharp got the remaining 20% in Oct 2020 so now they wholly own it (Toshiba Laptop division).
The Dynabook website still has Toshiba support and works just fine.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 3 of 4, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

My sister had a Toshiba satellite and I liked it so when I saw this Black Satellite for sale at a used computer store I bought it.
I add a Blu-ray drive and 8gb ram and SSD.
WiFi-ac card and Bluetooth.

I max it out and used it for a couple of years back in 2015

It is an 18” Gloss Black Cadillac with Harmn Kardan 2.1 surround sound speaker system.
I really like the speaker system. This computer has an aluminum keyboard too.
Its really a high quality laptop build for its time.
If Toshiba ever built a Cadillac this model was it.
But I knew a guy who had one of these with a built-in radio and TV tuner.

So I added these things to my Toshiba too.

It is loaded and still works.

Works best with Win-7-Pro

Attachments