02.jpg
File size
748.91 KiB
Views
File comment
Back
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

As the pictures show it supports voltages from 1.30 to 3.5. If I add the jumpers, can I use this slocket in a 440 bx board paired with a tualatin?
Woul that be doable? I have read that some slocket give this chance, but I never got which model can do that.

Thanks

Reply 3 of 6, by flupke11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The slocket pictured has no VRM onboard, so it relies on the mainboard to provide the appropriate power to the CPU. Some BX-based boards can provide low voltages, so the best thing you can do is check the PWM-chip located near the SLOT and Google the datasheet to see how low it can really go.

This slocket simply tells the mainboard how much V to provide, and it's up to the PWM to deliver that. If the PWM can't deliver the required power, the system will (at best) not start.

Other more advanced Slockets (Powerleap etc) have voltage regulators on board, and they disregard the mainboards CPU power circuitry. that allows you to run a Tualatin on practically all Slot 1-boards (and the whole reason they're nigh extinct.

edit: Tualatins also have some pin alterations, so you'll have to mod this slocket as well as see to the V requirements.

Reply 4 of 6, by PARKE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Nemo1985 wrote on 2021-04-09, 11:56:

Celeron only? It supports the copperming p3 cpu for sure, since it has the bus 133 mhz selection.

That is not necessarily true.
The 66/100/133 fsb selection affects just the bus speed.
The difference between a slotket that only supports Mendocino Celeron versus a slotket that supports Coppermine core cpu's is that the pin wiring is different.
There are a lot of recipes for modification on the web. Here is one (in german) that describes the modification that the Gigabyte GA-6R7 Rev 1.7 needs for Coppermine support (second paragraph from top).
http://www.hit-karlsruhe.de/aol2mime/slotket.htm

Reply 6 of 6, by PARKE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think it was one of the last revisions before Gigabyte launched their Coppermine supporting slotkets. Your slotket has a time mark indicating week 49 of 1999. Around the same time or shortly after the "Pro" and the "+" versions hit the market.

Filename
6r7pro.pdf
File size
141.3 KiB
Downloads
135 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception