342.jpg
Filename
342.jpg
File size
1.44 MiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

It says 370 CPU CARD REV 3.2 and as you can see, there are bunch of jumpers and DIP switches to set different settings.

Okay now... does it work? Yes. It works!

I put a PIII 866 MHz SL4ZJ SOCKET 370 CPU on this "CPU CARD" and my motherboard recognized it after several failures.

In the end, I set DIP switch for 1.8V, jumpers to set OVERCLOCK and MANUAL.

Result is surprising.

With 600B, Voodoo 3 2000, 640*480 resolution, I was getting average of ~75 FPS in Unreal Tournament.

With 866, Voodoo 3 2000, 640*480 resolution, I am getting average of ~110 FPS in Unreal Tournament.

Also I can see it works much smoother in various D3D games as well as software mode games like Descent 1 in 640*480 and System Shock in 640*480.

I am happy with this. However. I've come this far. I think I can go a little further.

After seeing that the CPU can make differences with same graphics card, I want a faster CPU.

I don't think I can go Tualatin because its voltage limit is too low. So possible CPUs I can get are Coppermine 933MHz and 1 GHz. I am not sure which one to get but I think I will get one of them eventually. xD

Reply 21 of 24, by PARKE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
jedikwon wrote on 2021-07-31, 07:05:
Thank you for replies guys. 8><CUT It says 370 CPU CARD REV 3.2 and as you can see, there are bunch of jumpers and DIP switches […]
Show full quote

Thank you for replies guys.
8><CUT
It says 370 CPU CARD REV 3.2 and as you can see, there are bunch of jumpers and DIP switches to set different settings.
8><CUT
I don't think I can go Tualatin because its voltage limit is too low. So possible CPUs I can get are Coppermine 933MHz and 1 GHz. I am not sure which one to get but I think I will get one of them eventually. xD

It is a Shuttle Hot-C003 (also marketed as an AZZA brand).
You cannot run a Tualatin on it because it is not wired for that cpu type.

Filename
HOT-C003 (Print-Version).pdf
File size
155.07 KiB
Downloads
55 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 22 of 24, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think up to the Rev 2 they were also sold by StarTech, but not seen a StarTech version with switches.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 23 of 24, by Oetker

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A coppermine-compatible VRM (down to 1.3v) should be fine for Tualatin. However you need a modified CPU or modify the CPU/slotket yourself.

Reply 24 of 24, by PARKE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Oetker wrote on 2021-07-31, 13:55:

A coppermine-compatible VRM (down to 1.3v) should be fine for Tualatin. However you need a modified CPU or modify the CPU/slotket yourself.

No.
Earlier post (july 24) by jedikwon indicated that his motherboard does not go lower than 1.8 volt and that voltage will ruin a Tualatin but the combination will likely not even post.
ooooooooo
I see my socket 370 coppermine CPUs have 1.75V written on them. The lowest voltage my motherboard can generate is 1.8V. If I can set the voltage at 1.8V with the adapter and try these 370 CPUs...... profit?!
ooooooooo