VOGONS

First post, by Lazar81

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello,
I am in to that topic for a while now. And since I realized, that ATI makes it possible to have pixel perfect scaling (current card: Radeon HD 5870) I never would use Nvidia again in my current retro gaming machine.

I was wondering since when ATI cards are able to produce such clear images...

Because when I tried to get similar results with another platform with my 9800xt it showed the same blurry image as it does with the Nvidia card

Ryzen 5 2600X - ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming - 32GB RAM - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Reply 1 of 2, by havli

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What do you mean by "pixel perfect scaling"? Some monitors for instance can show the image as 1:1 - you have black bars at the sides and only part of the screen is used. I always prefer to use this, so when running 1920x1080 on 2560x1440 screen, I have smaller image in the middle... but no ugly upscaling. It works for all GPUs because it is monitor function.

HW museum.cz - my collection of PC hardware

Reply 2 of 2, by Lazar81

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I mean gpu scaling. In detail: when I use dosbox on my XP machine Nvidia cards make this slightly blurry image. ATI cards make a clear pixel sharp image. Btw. I use a 1600x1200 HP screen

Not sure but I think this is called integer ratio scaling? 🤔

Ryzen 5 2600X - ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming - 32GB RAM - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti