VOGONS

First post, by Pajeroking

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

It's been a year since I bought my Compaq Deskpro 4000 MMX233 and I made awesome progress with it, but still I am not able to install that stupid Romflash Bios Utility Setup.
I just bought a 40 Gb HDD and noticed that when booting it sees only 6 gigs or something and in Windows 98 the hdd was not visible ( The jumper is set to master on the correct ribbon cable connector). Therefore, I upgraded the BIOS (ROMPAQ - SP 12877) like Chinny22 told me to. On boot now the HDD appears as 40GB but still is not visible in windows. And from what I've read you need to format it to be visible.
And that brings me to Romflash, again. I downloaded it (SP9413) and when I run it in win 98 it extracts the archive to more or less the same folder. From what I know it should ask me for a diskette and extract it to the floppy so then I can reboot with the floppy and install the BIOS utility. The content of the folder is as below.
The problem I have is that I run flshlite.exe it says "There are no image file on the diskette for the device you selected."
So, I am not even sure if I can fix my invisible HDD using the BIOS utility, but still, I tried to install this sucker and still sends me after a wild goosechase.

Out of ideas.

Thanks in advance,
Andi

Attachments

Reply 1 of 1, by Pajeroking

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Update:
After a ground shaking idea i tried booting an MS DOS floppy so i can fdisk the HDD, and it worked. I am a genius 😜
So, again, that F10 Romflash seems pretty useless to me, but still want to install it 🤣.
Thanks, anyway 😁

Attachments

• IMG_0632.jpg
    Filename
    IMG_0632.jpg
    File size
    1.16 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • IMG_0631.jpg
    Filename