VOGONS

First post, by SolidSonicTH

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I replaced the battery on my ASUS P2B 1.10 motherboard after getting it delivered but even after doing so the system won't retain the BIOS settings I give it after losing power.

Any advice? Does the Award BIOS chip need to be swapped?

Reply 4 of 5, by SolidSonicTH

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I think I might have fixed this by cleaning the battery compartment and reseating the battery so thanks for making me take a closer look at that.

I got to put it to the test right after as I thought somehow my entire machine had died (it wouldn't POST; a few times it'd just beep at me but then it wouldn't even do that until I took out the RAM and had them swap places - then it worked). So I had to unplug it a fair number of times and when I got it back up and running it didn't tell me it had lost any BIOS settings (useful since, besides the clock, I need it to keep track of the dual floppy drives I use in it properly).

Reply 5 of 5, by SolidSonicTH

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Gah, never mind, didn't help. I left it for awhile and when I came back it had neutralized the BIOS again.

It's acting like it's on a capacitor (like it'll keep the settings intact until it's been depowered for awhile then it'll just vanish).