VOGONS

First post, by Charleston

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Purchased this motherboard on Ebay, claims to be an Opti-895, 802G. Sorry for the blurry picture, it's the best I have until it gets here.

From digging I've so far found two that would closely match.

https://www.angelfire.com/mn2/daveandkay/z/A- … el1442Gv1_2.htm

This board appears to be the same but a newer model, although the location of cache is incorrect and there seems to be a few jumpers missing or in the wrong locations so I don't know if it's useable for settings.

https://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherboards/Q/Q … B486P3-151.html

This board appears to match almost completely although again there seem to be a few moved jumpers and it's not even an Opti 895, so it makes me think it's just a coincidence.

The other number on the board I've picked out is V4P895P3, but I can't find anything online about it (or I just don't know how to use google anymore).
Considering it has 895 in the middle of that model code I'd have to guess it's probably not the second board I found.

I'd appreciate any help in IDing this! If I can just use one of the two I've found and it being an older model doesn't matter that's ok too.

Thank you!

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    Filename
    s-l1600.jpg
    File size
    354.98 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 2 of 6, by Charleston

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Deksor wrote on 2021-07-13, 16:06:

Thank you so much! I was on the right track with the QDI then. I specifically tried to search for just the model code and absolutely nothing came up anywhere.

Again, thank you!

Don't know why the seller advertised it as an 802G then. Doesn't matter, still a decent looking board.

I'm noticing the TAG is actually below the CPU on the real board but I don't think it actually matters, jumpers actually look like they're in the right locations.

Reply 3 of 6, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This is probably a mistake. The people who made these schemas made lots of mistakes. They probably mistook the bios chip for the tag chip (notice that there's no bios chip on this schema)

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 6 of 6, by Charleston

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just got the board. Spent 4 hours trying to get dx100 to work until I put the jumpers back to as they were set in the ebay posting, put the 50mhz provided back in and... It actually posted with beeps and all.

Just a note for future reference. Half of the jumper settings are WRONG and are actually opposite what should be set. Very annoying issue that almost had me going crazy.