VOGONS

First post, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I am kinda joking a bit, in that you can probably find matched mouse and cards if you hunt high and low. What typically happens though is that the card stays in a machine and the mouse gets put away separately, and they never meet up again. You see a few "useless" bus mouse cards... a year or two passes... then you see a "useless" bus mouse.... but can't see any cards for sale... & repeat...These two I think I got many years apart, and the mouse had been sitting in a box of random mice, and the card in a box of random cards, and I just happened to see each of them recently enough that I could marry them together... I guess the sad thing is, I now have several things to plug a bus mouse into, but so far as I know right now, only the one mouse. There's this logitech card, which I will test with, but I also have an AST laptop with a bus mouse port, an ATI Graphics Solution with a bus mouse port, and another one card somewhere which I think is the Microsoft version. They gave you a decent length of cord back then, darned thing must be 8ft/2.5m approx...

Attachments

• logitechBM02.jpg
    Filename
    logitechBM02.jpg
    File size
    694.97 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Logitech Bus Mouse and interface card from the top
    File license
    Public domain
  • logitechBM01.jpg
    Filename
    logitechBM01.jpg
    File size
    602.45 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Logitech Bus Mouse, trying to show connectors, sorry the contrast was poor there.
    File license
    Public domain

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 1 of 2, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Cool ! Yeah you never see them sold together if at all....Some where is my stacks of crap have a bus mouse but have not seen it in years.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 2 of 2, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Kawl man....!

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉