VOGONS

First post, by kane198021

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello all,

It's been a while since I last posted. I'm ISO the specific part in the title of this thread. If anyone has one to spare or at least can reverse engineer it, please post a reply here.

This part is a 386 CPU card for certain AST PCs. It came with a 20MHz or a 25MHz CPU soldered directly to the PCB, depending on how the machine was spec'ed. I have the 202382-005 motherboard on hand, but it needs some love, much like any of the machines we talk about here.

I came here with the hopes that I could get something to get this board resurrected. I have been searching for a card for over a year now and I have a saved search on Ebay. I'm not sure what else I can do.

Thanks in advance!

Reply 1 of 2, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I thought maybe I'd seen one sometime, but looking it up it appears to look like a card with an edge connector correct? The one I saw was one that mounted flat on similar plugs to IDE cables, probably for an Advantage, not a Bravo.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 2 of 2, by kane198021

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
BitWrangler wrote on 2021-08-11, 03:30:

I thought maybe I'd seen one sometime, but looking it up it appears to look like a card with an edge connector correct? The one I saw was one that mounted flat on similar plugs to IDE cables, probably for an Advantage, not a Bravo.

The edge connector looks very similar to an IBM MDA slot or a PCI slot except shorter.