VOGONS

Intel shuttle socket 7 motherboard ?

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 23, by Chkcpu

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Intel486dx33 wrote on 2021-08-24, 10:10:

Also what do you think the Max supported hard drive capacity is ?
The manual does not state anything.

The latest revision 569AWIQ7 BIOS supports drives up to 32GB.
I have a patched version of this BIOS that has the 32GB limit bug fixed and supports drives up to 128GB.
This 569A_J2 BIOS has been succesfully tested with an 80GB drive, but I'm still looking for beta testers for the K6-2+/-III+ patch in this BIOS. That's why it is not yet available on my http://www.steunebrink.info/k6plus.htm page. 😉
Just send me an e-mail if you like to test this patched BIOS.

mailto:J.Steunebrink@net.HCC.nl

Edit: updated my website link.

Last edited by Chkcpu on 2023-07-01, 13:05. Edited 1 time in total.

CPU Identification utility
The Unofficial K6-2+ / K6-III+ page

Reply 21 of 23, by Ydee

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Intel486dx33 wrote on 2021-08-24, 10:10:

But the fan connector fits the motherboard fan header right and provides for fan speed control.

Better say "rpm monitoring", fan speed I understand as fan rpm control. I haven't seen it on the socket (super) 7 mpbos yet, it has to be supported by super I/O chip and BIOS.

Reply 22 of 23, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hey guys, Do you think this motherboard is fast enough to work well with a Voodoo-3 PCI ?
The card has 16mb of memory.

The motherboard will have 64mb SDRAM PC-133 DIMM and 512kb. motherboard cache.
Running Win95b.

Attachments

Reply 23 of 23, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'll put it this way, you're unlikely to see much better frame rates on a 233MMX with any other card than that one. But it doesn't let the V3 stretch it's legs to the fullest like a 500Mhz+ system would. So on the one hand, max potential of the MMX system, on the other on the minimal side of potential for the V3, but it gets it enjoyed if there's nothing else to stick it in.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.