VOGONS

Reply 40 of 48, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

maybe in the future there is another run, currently all parts for this are depleted

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 41 of 48, by eisapc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Got the original action reply somewhere from a bunch of parts, but never installed it in any PC.
I was not aware the board has such extensive features and that there is major request on it.
Good for me that I did not sell it on ebay yet, but kept it in storage.
Will have to dig it out, to check the FW version and if it supports the PM games.

Reply 42 of 48, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
eisapc wrote on 2023-01-12, 10:12:
Got the original action reply somewhere from a bunch of parts, but never installed it in any PC. I was not aware the board has s […]
Show full quote

Got the original action reply somewhere from a bunch of parts, but never installed it in any PC.
I was not aware the board has such extensive features and that there is major request on it.
Good for me that I did not sell it on ebay yet, but kept it in storage.
Will have to dig it out, to check the FW version and if it supports the PM games.

you can always upgrade to the latest firmware so you get the very latest version of it

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 43 of 48, by Fratzengeballer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

the early firmware versions were not that well (and the early hardware had no update function at all, that came later with a redesign of the pcb) because you could't run/freeze any "modern" games which used the sophisticated protected mode. That came with a new firmware coder that enhanced it to something far more useful, if you are into messing up stuff live in memory without some other debugger.

Reply 45 of 48, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Action Rewinds have been sold out for many months now - that is why there is no order link
there is no active plan to make more but after orpheus2 demand dies out I can look into making a small batch of them again...

edit: OK , a very limited quantity will be made - just be patient as things are getting sorted out , need to order parts etc and some stuff are only found in Asian markets

Reply 46 of 48, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keropi wrote on 2023-05-24, 12:59:

Action Rewinds have been sold out for many months now - that is why there is no order link
there is no active plan to make more but after orpheus2 demand dies out I can look into making a small batch of them again...

edit: OK , a very limited quantity will be made - just be patient as things are getting sorted out , need to order parts etc and some stuff are only found in Asian markets

Awesomeness!

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 47 of 48, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I now have the parts to build a small batch of Action Rewind cards so I updated it's page with a working order form.
If anyone was waiting for one now it's the time to act , thanks! 😀

Reply 48 of 48, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

seems I was too fast to celebrate, I received the wrong cpld chips...
back to waiting ... :\