VOGONS

First post, by abc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It is Pentium MMX 233 MHz class notebook. At first boot I got "CMOS checksum error" where I could propably enter to BIOS and change settings (suggested me to push F1 or something). I have turned it off and replaced 1220 battery to 2032. At second boot with new battery I didn't got an error but I don't know how to enter to BIOS. I have tried all F1-F12, ESC, Del and none works 🙁 Any ideas ?

Visit ABC CPU - Virtual CPU Museum.

Reply 1 of 5, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sorry can not find much. The Archive of the Peacock website is hard to find anything except a bit on the Challenger 600, but no documents...
Do you know what BIOS type it is ? Phoenix, AMI, Award ????

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor.

Reply 2 of 5, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Bit of a stretch maybe, but I see a current listing for a Peacock Challenger 710 which seems to have a BIOS from SystemSoft Corporation, and another search suggests CTRL-ALT-S to access a SystemSoft laptop BIOS

Reply 3 of 5, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

"Now there's a name I haven't heard in years." *Draws on a dog-end*

Sorry, nothing to add right now, but Peacock started an itch in my brain, like I had something to do with one before... I'll sleep on it and see if anything pops out of the long term brain hole.

2017: Basement full of ancient PC stuff, starting to go through it. 2021: Still starting, heh, many setbacks. So what's this BitWrangler guy's deal ??? >>> Taming the pile, specs to target?

Reply 4 of 5, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Good find PC Hoarder Patrol ! Looking at the NEC Versa 486 manual with Systemsoft 1994 bios, it lists Ctrl-Alt-S or Fn-F9
some other odd BIOS entery keys from my notes, other than the typical Del, F2 etc: older Phoenix BIOS: Ctrl+Alt+Esc, Ctrl+Alt+Ins, or Ctrl+Alt+S
The Esc key
Ctrl-Alt-F
Ctrl-Alt-Enter
Ctrl-Alt-Shift-Del (using Del from the keypad)
Ctrl-Insert

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor.