VOGONS

First post, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I recently managed to get a P3 Tualatin board with DDR and AGP and was curious if there has been a list of other such boards. (Having one isn't great . .would love another as backup)

Browsing eBay has PC133 boards for days but DDR with Tua and AGP support is much harder to find, having a list to work from to thin out the search would be great. I know of the Vogons one and have used it but its rather limited on DDR models and oddly my board isn't on that list.

If anyone knows of other resources and lists I can use I would be grateful for a point in the right direction.

Reply 1 of 6, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/List_of_ … 70_motherboards

TrashPanda wrote on 2021-12-04, 14:07:

I recently managed to get a P3 Tualatin board with DDR and AGP and was curious if there has been a list of other such boards. (Having one isn't great . .would love another as backup)

Browsing eBay has PC133 boards for days but DDR with Tua and AGP support is much harder to find, having a list to work from to thin out the search would be great. I know of the Vogons one and have used it but its rather limited on DDR models and oddly my board isn't on that list.

If anyone knows of other resources and lists I can use I would be grateful for a point in the right direction.

Which board did you get btw?

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 2 of 6, by bloodem

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
TrashPanda wrote on 2021-12-04, 14:07:

Don’t get too excited. You have a VIA Apollo Pro 266 motherboard, which is not that uncommon.
I myself prefer the Intel 815EP chipset. Even with all its limitations, it’s still very nice, stable, and plenty fast for any P3.

1 x PLCC-68 / 2 x PGA132 / 5 x Skt 3 / 9 x Skt 7 / 12 x SS7 / 1 x Skt 8 / 14 x Slot 1 / 5 x Slot A
5 x Skt 370 / 8 x Skt A / 2 x Skt 478 / 2 x Skt 754 / 3 x Skt 939 / 7 x LGA775 / 1 x LGA1155
Current PC: Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Backup PC: Core i7 7700k

Reply 3 of 6, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Its a PC Chips M700 Rebadged to Amptron with the SiS 635t chipset. Its been recapped and aside from lacking some minor overclocking features is a great board, DDR + SDR, AGP 4x and Tualatin support.

Seems to me I will be keeping my eye out for a QDI Advance 12t on eBay or another SiS 635t board, one should eventually show up there ..hopefully.

Reply 4 of 6, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
TrashPanda wrote on 2021-12-04, 23:45:

Its a PC Chips M700 Rebadged to Amptron with the SiS 635t chipset. Its been recapped and aside from lacking some minor overclocking features is a great board, DDR + SDR, AGP 4x and Tualatin support.[/]

Seems to me I will be keeping my eye out for a QDI Advance 12t on eBay or another SiS 635t board, one should eventually show up there ..hopefully.

Ah, the ECS P6S5A-T (the commonest name for that M700). IMHO one of the (if not the) most interesting Tualatin board, at least assuming you don't need ISA. Shame no better boards with SiS635t were (commonly) made, but in general I'd still prefer SiS635t over ApolloPro266.

Reply 5 of 6, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
dionb wrote on 2021-12-06, 12:58:
TrashPanda wrote on 2021-12-04, 23:45:

Its a PC Chips M700 Rebadged to Amptron with the SiS 635t chipset. Its been recapped and aside from lacking some minor overclocking features is a great board, DDR + SDR, AGP 4x and Tualatin support.[/]

Ah, the ECS P6S5A-T (the commonest name for that M700). IMHO one of the (if not the) most interesting Tualatin board, at least assuming you don't need ISA. Shame no better boards with SiS635t were (commonly) made, but in general I'd still prefer SiS635t over ApolloPro266.

Yup I saw it on eBay from a guy in Europe who has a massive collection of socket 370 boards and P3 CPUs, this one was the only one with DDR so I grabbed it as it stood out amongst all the PC133 boards. I have another P3 board that has ISA on it but it doesnt have Tualatin support, it is far more compatible for DOS games so it gets used for that and Win98. Ill be pairing this SiS board with a Voodoo 4 and an Audigy Platinum for early XP gaming since it wont be quite enough for older XP games.

I'm hoping another M700 or ECS P6S5A-T will show up so I can get a spare. (Thanks for the info on its other name, gives me another board to search for !)

Or a QDI Advance 12T .. but I wont hold my breath for that model.

Reply 6 of 6, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If another one pops up, you'll have to beat me to it. I already have one, but it died a year ago. I suspect/hope bad caps, as it a re-cap will then resurrect it, but nothing is bulging/leaking so I'm not so sure. In the mean time I'm hunting another. Not effectively enough it seems 😉