Make B: drive bootable

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 25, by maxtherabbit

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
weedeewee wrote on 2021-12-13, 18:51:
yeah, you could do that. You just need to wire it up with the same wires swapped as the cable is for the 5.25 connector. Also y […]
Show full quote
Sucho wrote on 2021-12-13, 18:45:
It seems to me that drive sel for A: and B: are specific pins on the connector. Maybe I could use something like these to swap t […]
Show full quote

It seems to me that drive sel for A: and B: are specific pins on the connector. Maybe I could use something like these to swap those pins in between I/O card and cable itself?
61nHxQZGSTL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

yeah, you could do that.
You just need to wire it up with the same wires swapped as the cable is for the 5.25 connector.
Also you can hook it up but you will again have to leave the 5.25 drive off of the cable.

are you sure you don't have jumpers on your 3.5 floppy drive ?

You can't use jumpers to change the drive letter on a PC-std shugart setup. Even if you change the DS jumpers appropriately, the motor on signals will still be decided by the cable because the PC FDC has two separate motor on signals

Reply 21 of 25, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

+1 I concur with max, I was sorta sure that's the way it would go, but I either need the reminders or my memory is getting situational, gotta put my mitts on things, or otherwise "get my head in the game" then it comes rushing back like Tank just downloaded Neo a kung-fu program or something.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 22 of 25, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Surely the cheapest and easiest (if not quickest) option is to just buy a cable with 2 of each connector type, then set up the drive you want as A: ? I'm sure there are some on ebay (I haven't checked recently, but I hope there are, as I'll need a few soon)

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.