VOGONS

First post, by JustRob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So, usually PC cases have 1 pin connectors for stuff like power LEDs, to be hooked up to the pins usually in the bottom right of the motherboard.

My case doesn't. It's a silver colored Vobis ATX style case, and it has them for the power switch, HDD led, and reset switch, but the power LED itself has this 4 pin connector, with both a female and a male end. I tried to plug in a 4 pin connector from my PSU into the male end, didn't work. I tried to plug the female end into my IDE hard drive or CD-ROM drive, followed by a 4 pin connector from my PSU into the male end. Didn't work.

I have no idea how to get this thing working. Has anyone ever seen something like this?

Attachments

• HJu3co9Q.jpeg
    Filename
    HJu3co9Q.jpeg
    File size
    838.21 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 2, by vstrakh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Are you sure that's power led? Typically molex connectors were used with decorative illumination. In a way you can call that a "power led" too 😀
You do plug them in free molex connector from PSU, or in series with some other peripherals (fan/hdd/etc).
If it doesn't glow when plugged in free molex connector then it's likely something is broken. Either led is dead, or one of few leds connected in series is dead (the case of illumination).
Perhaps there's just some wire broke off.