VOGONS

First post, by djdoherty450

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Over the years I've accumulated components that I would configure and use to bring me back to those late 80's to mid 90's builds that I either had or couldn't afford. I'm sure I'm not alone in using retro hardware to restore those feelings and remembering what things we like in simpler times, sans the dip switches.

I'm not interested in making a profit off the hardware and I need to start collecting information on all the hardware that I have, includes lots of ISA, VLB, PCI and AGP cards. Mainboards, memory, CPUs, several fully built towers/desktops that are AT and early ATX, more 3.5" 1.44s than I can count.

Once I get this information, is this the proper place to post it or should I stick with external sites like Mercari and ebay? I just don't want some of these items to be recycled for the metal components they are made of. I'd rather they go to a good home 😀

Reply 1 of 3, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Welcome to the forum! 😃
If you want to give your hardware away for free (or for shipping cost) you can use this thread: Old hardware giveaway thread.

Otherwise any form of sale or trade is disallowed by the owner of the forum: VOGONS is no marketplace!

Reply 3 of 3, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
djdoherty450 wrote on 2022-01-18, 18:10:

Thanks for the link, the intent is to give away a lot of the expansion cards, memory and CPUs for the cost of shipping.

Awesome! 😃 I'm sure you'll find some member(s) who will give those a good home.