VOGONS

First post, by DOSShark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everyone,
been a while since i posted here the last time, but i tried a lot and need some input now.

Story:
I've got myself an Abit Board with a P3 Taulatin, i think the Board is the Vh6bt mentioned in other threads here as a good choice for DOS and Win98 Gaming.
I flashed the latest Bios.
I have a 160 Gig IDE HDD. The Bios detects it fine with IDE autodetection. Booting Freedos Livecd using FDOS Fdisk - it sees the complete disksize fine. After creating two FAT32 partitions with different sizes, both smaller than 10GB i reboot, then format them using the tools from the FDOS livecd. After rebooting DOS tells me unsopported Mediatype.... I can repeat this and the outcome is always the same.

I used Seatools recommend by Phils Computerlab and reduced size to 32 GB. Same results...
According to Phils recommendations i got myself a CF Card (original Sandisk) and an CF to IDE adaptor. Bios sees CF card fine, but it reports itself as removable Media. EZ Drive cant find this disk because of this. Freedos only reports below 8 gigs size.
Creating partitions (on CF card) and formatting them in the above described manner with FDOS livecd lead to the same result as with the 160 GB hdd.....

Does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks for your time.

Reply 2 of 3, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I know of a Abit VH6T but not a VH6BT. Have you tried using a Windows DOS 7 (win98se) based floppy boot disk ?
Make sure it has the "fixed" fdisk from MS kb 263044.....

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun