VOGONS

First post, by UltimateElectronic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

G'day all, I have a PCChips M748LMRT motherboard (slot 1 and socket 370), and the onboard USB does put out power, but I haven't actually ever been successful in getting anything plugged into it to be recognised, as in it doesn't make any difference to anything if I plug something in.

I have installed the drivers for both the SiS 630/520 and the SiS 5598, both from the SiS driver archive on Vogons Drivers.

Device Manager reports that there is a "PCI communication device" that doesn't have a driver, and it's not the more common "PCI simple communications controller", but a communication device.

Does anyone know if there's any drivers that I'm missing or any other configuration with say jumpers or in the BIOS that I need to do?

Thanks in advance!

Reply 1 of 1, by bLUETHUNDER83

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

A little late but
Did you by chance turn on USB in the bios? Also be sure your pluggin it into the correct place on the motherboard because I mixed it up myself and was pulling my hair out untill I relized the connecter right above the pci slot is the one for usb or in my case at Atx form factor card with a ps/2 connector for a mouse and Ir connector with 2 usb ports