Can I use the GeForce driver ?

Attachments

Reply 2 of 18, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Pierre32 wrote on 2022-03-25, 05:21:

Legend has it the answer to this is buried deep in the first Google result, where it may never be found.

See this is where I need a 'like' button damn it 😂

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 4 of 18, by Murugan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Legend has it the answer to this is buried deep in the first Google result, where it may never be found.

Lol. Like!

My retro collection: too much...

Reply 5 of 18, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

A grand mystery of perplexing proportions, the light which we may never see!

badmojo wrote on 2022-03-25, 09:07:

See this is where I need a 'like' button damn it 😂

Damn right! 👍

😋

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 6 of 18, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Intel486dx33 wrote on 2022-03-25, 05:09:

Its a Terratec Mystify 5200.
Is it an Nvidia GPU ?
Can I use the GeForce driver ?

Look, I mentioned this before.
But if you want to build computers, you will really need to put in some basic researching efforts.
I mean, you do remember who you bought this card from, right?
And just using google the 1st search result pointed me to manualslib website and the second to an ebay page which has your exact card including the missing RAM chips.

Or were you just asking just to be absolutely sure?

It's a nice PCB color btw.

Report spammers here!

Reply 8 of 18, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Murugan wrote on 2022-03-25, 19:15:

Wasn't he a Silicon Valley IT dude back in the days (so he claimed)?

He does sound like he works in customer support.

Is this too much voodoo?

Reply 9 of 18, by Repo Man11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Is this a trick question?

Attachments

"I'd rather be rich than stupid" - Jack Handey

Reply 10 of 18, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

No idea if he ever mentioned such a thing. I do remember him having used pics plucked from the internet, claiming it was his, then when someone called him out on it he tried to covertly swap out those pics for different ones (and pretending nothing was amiss) which were also from the internet (and half were the wrong ones, only adding to the confusion as he was showing pics of 2 distinct different items, yet claiming it was a single item) and another where he asked for a manual iirc of an ASUS board which ASUS still had on the ASUS website, so there's was really no good reason to even ask for a manual if the original manufacturer still has it on own website.

I just don't understand if he's a troll or just ridiculously clueless or if there's something else. So imo I just keep at something which I believed for a longer while now and that is if you want to pick up a hobby, you'd better be at least decent at figuring out how stuff works.
And to me, using google is really one of those basic skills you're gonna need if you want to figure out stuff like this. Asking for confirmation is fine for me, but asking everybody to do the most menial tasks instead of doing them themselves is like asking someone to go get you a beer from the fridge while the fridge is literally within arms reach.

What would happen if someone were to register on here or any retro computing social media platform, and then sais "Ima build mah furst retro computah! Wut is a CPU?".
Or someone trying to run a marathon and appearing at the start with the other runners and then asking them what a finish line is.
I mean I had literally zero knowledge or job experience when I started this hobby, I needed to learn everything from scratch and google was the way. It's also how I ended up here.

But there has to be a logical explanation to this. We just haven't found it yet.
For all we know it's just a bot with the purpose of purposefully flamebaiting with the purpose of psychoanalysis. It's what I could think of or at least consider if I wanted to do some psychological profiling of the members on this board.

Last edited by Tetrium on 2022-03-25, 19:34. Edited 1 time in total.

Report spammers here!

Reply 12 of 18, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Murugan wrote on 2022-03-25, 19:31:

A lot of us started like this no 😀?

Yes, hence I asked if he merely is asking for confirmation.

Report spammers here!

Reply 13 of 18, by Murugan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If you read his threads (I stopped looking at them), I wonder if he is indeed lazy,or trolling or whatever. After quite a while,one should gain some experience no?

My retro collection: too much...

Reply 14 of 18, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Murugan wrote on 2022-03-25, 19:40:

If you read his threads (I stopped looking at them), I wonder if he is indeed lazy,or trolling or whatever. After quite a while,one should gain some experience no?

I agree with you. And I typically do the same thing (and perhaps I should have).
Anyway, I got things to do. Nice chatting with you o/

Report spammers here!

Reply 16 of 18, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

https://web.archive.org/web/20030719120920/ht … order=0&thold=0

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 17 of 18, by Cuttoon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Remember that not all Google results are created equal.

But, I'm generally not interested in any modern hardware but even I figured it out.

Side note:
Terratec is a very German company, so their products are made in Taiwan. They were mainly known for sound equipment in the 90s, including rather professional gear.
You can still find promotional photos and data sheets for your card here:
http://terratec.ultron.info/Discontinued_Prod … ics/Mystify5200

But they did not provide any custom drivers or they would be in the same place. So, the default appears to be forceware 53.04 for Win 9x.

Attachments

I like jumpers.

Reply 18 of 18, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Tetrium wrote on 2022-03-25, 19:29:
No idea if he ever mentioned such a thing. I do remember him having used pics plucked from the internet, claiming it was his, th […]
Show full quote

No idea if he ever mentioned such a thing. I do remember him having used pics plucked from the internet, claiming it was his, then when someone called him out on it he tried to covertly swap out those pics for different ones (and pretending nothing was amiss) which were also from the internet (and half were the wrong ones, only adding to the confusion as he was showing pics of 2 distinct different items, yet claiming it was a single item) and another where he asked for a manual iirc of an ASUS board which ASUS still had on the ASUS website, so there's was really no good reason to even ask for a manual if the original manufacturer still has it on own website.

I just don't understand if he's a troll or just ridiculously clueless or if there's something else. So imo I just keep at something which I believed for a longer while now and that is if you want to pick up a hobby, you'd better be at least decent at figuring out how stuff works.
And to me, using google is really one of those basic skills you're gonna need if you want to figure out stuff like this. Asking for confirmation is fine for me, but asking everybody to do the most menial tasks instead of doing them themselves is like asking someone to go get you a beer from the fridge while the fridge is literally within arms reach.

What would happen if someone were to register on here or any retro computing social media platform, and then sais "Ima build mah furst retro computah! Wut is a CPU?".
Or someone trying to run a marathon and appearing at the start with the other runners and then asking them what a finish line is.
I mean I had literally zero knowledge or job experience when I started this hobby, I needed to learn everything from scratch and google was the way. It's also how I ended up here.

But there has to be a logical explanation to this. We just haven't found it yet.
For all we know it's just a bot with the purpose of purposefully flamebaiting with the purpose of psychoanalysis. It's what I could think of or at least consider if I wanted to do some psychological profiling of the members on this board.

Interesting information. Thanks.

Right to repair is fundamental. You own it, you're allowed to fix it.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Do not ask Why !
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Serial_port