VOGONS

First post, by Hamby

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So I got a Zip Plus as part of a Mac SE/30 bundle... but I didn't get a power supply for it.
I was hoping to back up the HD in the mac to a zip disk (80mb drive) before I install a bluescsi or scsi2sd.

I went looking for a power supply on ebay, and there's a variety of them for the various incarnations of the zip.

The case of the zip plus says it needs 5volt, 1 amp, center positive.

But the power supplies I see on ebay have different inputs from one another. one has .3 amp input, another has 0.125 milliamp input, for example.

So, can I use any of them so long as they're center positive and the output is 5v, 1a?

Reply 1 of 3, by chiveicrook

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So, can I use any of them so long as they're center positive and the output is 5v, 1a?

In short, yes. As long as it's center positive and output is 5V and >=1A it's going to be fine.

There are also usb->dc jack cables which you could then use with any beefier (>1A) usb charger.

Reply 2 of 3, by Hamby

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
chiveicrook wrote on 2022-04-02, 08:01:

In short, yes. As long as it's center positive and output is 5V and >=1A it's going to be fine.

There are also usb->dc jack cables which you could then use with any beefier (>1A) usb charger.

So with that adapter, I could theoretically power the Zip with a power bank (like for a cell phone) and have a portable zip drive, for use with a laptop? that would be cool, if so.