Shuttle Hot 433 won't POST

Topic actions

Reply 80 of 84, by jakethompson1

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Gary.H wrote on 2022-07-09, 19:23:

Runs reliably at 133 MHz, occasional freeze at 150Mhz and hardly at all at 160Mhz

Have fitted a 2-pin fan to the heatsink but am unsure where to power it from ? There seems to be no documented fan pins on the motherboard so a 2-pin adapter from a Molex PSU connector ?

Correct.
Many of the CPUs used with this board would have only a heatsink with the hope that case air circulation was enough to keep it cool...

And as to 150 MHz and 160 MHz, those are of course overclocked rates so you may need a higher voltage. Since it's 3.45 V +/- 0.15 V you technically aren't even overvolting until you go past 3.6.

Reply 81 of 84, by Gary.H

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Interestingly I watched a YouTube video of someone o/c'ing an AMD 5x86 to 160Mhz at 3.3 volts ?

My 150Mhz o/c is much more stable as the sun has gone down ambient air temps have dropped.

This seems to confirm my suspicion that I just need more cooling for a reliable o/c

Reply 82 of 84, by Gary.H

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So.......

Mouse troubles !

The PS/2 mouse port on my Shuttle HOT 433 motherboard seems not to work which is common judging by my research on here 🙁

So I've gone for a serial mouse instead.

Can't get any sign of life out of my PS/2 and Serial Microsoft mouse on any COM port with either mouse.com or the Cute Mouse driver.

So I bought a Belkin serial mouse which IS recognised by both drivers but will not recognise horizontal movement, only forward and back movement ( buttons do work ) 🙁

Belkin mouse was NOS and the box appeared unopened.

Faulty Belkin mouse hardware or a driver issue ?

Reply 83 of 84, by mkarcher

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Gary.H wrote on 2022-07-09, 20:45:

Interestingly I watched a YouTube video of someone o/c'ing an AMD 5x86 to 160Mhz at 3.3 volts ?

My 150Mhz o/c is much more stable as the sun has gone down ambient air temps have dropped.

This seems to confirm my suspicion that I just need more cooling for a reliable o/c

Am5x86 processors running at 160MHz at 3.3V are quite common. But you absolutely need airflow on the heat sink for stable operation when you overclock these chips. Even 133MHz without a fan can be borderline depending on heatsink size and air flow in the case.