VOGONS

First post, by treeman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have my pc speaker hooked up through my sound blaster (vibra 16 isa). My vibra 16 has input pins for pc speaker, so instead having the pc speaker plugged to the pins on the motherboard I have a cable which goes from motherboard pc speaker output to sound card pc speaker output. This results with any pc speaker beeps going out my speakers.
It is good because I can adjust the sound with my speakers volume knob.

The only issue happens when I play golden axe which has pc speaker sfx and sound blaster (adlib in this case) music. The pc speaker is much louder then the music, since they both come out of the same interface turning down or up the volume will still keep the gap the same. Is there any dos sw mixer that can adjust pc speaker volume independent?

Reply 2 of 3, by treeman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

thanks, i downloaded the vibra 16 dos drivers. Found the mixer you showed under mixerset.exe however the settings are not saving. I will investigate it more soon when I get some more precious time 😀

Reply 3 of 3, by treeman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I got the config file saving, I got it to work somewhat unfortunately I think pc speaker output is not as sensetive and accurate as adlib/sblaster. So there is still a bit of a gap where pc speaker is louder then sound blaster music but slightly better.
Adjusting pc speaker 1 more bar down will suddenly make it very quiet, too quiet.