VOGONS

First post, by haker120

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

How to make Sol0-1 sound card to work? I mean under DOS and DOS-Window? I have sound under Windows 98SE, I have Sound Blaster music but no FX at all and some games like Duke 2 freeze while this one plays music and FX, odd. How can I make this usable for retro? Bad Drivers? Also I cannot make DVI to work on this device at all and I don't know why.

EDIT: I've replaced sound card to CMI8738 based one but now if a game doesn't support General MIDI I have no sound and a lot of Sound Blaster compatible games have no FX as well. Maybe I should go with Yamaha YMF724 based sound card for this terminal?

Reply 1 of 6, by Debugger

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
haker120 wrote on 2022-05-06, 12:24:

How to make Sol0-1 sound card to work? I mean under DOS and DOS-Window? I have sound under Windows 98SE, I have Sound Blaster music but no FX at all and some games like Duke 2 freeze while this one plays music and FX, odd. How can I make this usable for retro? Bad Drivers? Also I cannot make DVI to work on this device at all and I don't know why.

EDIT: I've replaced sound card to CMI8738 based one but now if a game doesn't support General MIDI I have no sound and a lot of Sound Blaster compatible games have no FX as well. Maybe I should go with Yamaha YMF724 based sound card for this terminal?

Hi. Also have Futro 400. Trying to make dos retro game machine. Have no luck with CMI and Yamaha 744. But I have sound and general midi music with Creative SB0100!! One big problem is the volume level. Sounds and music are very silent. Need to move the volume level to MAX and got interference after that.

Reply 2 of 6, by haker120

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Debugger wrote on 2023-01-25, 10:52:
haker120 wrote on 2022-05-06, 12:24:

Hi. Also have Futro 400. Trying to make dos retro game machine. Have no luck with CMI and Yamaha 744. But I have sound and general midi music with Creative SB0100!! One big problem is the volume level. Sounds and music are very silent. Need to move the volume level to MAX and got interference after that.

For me SB0100 in futro just... disables itself. xD I have the most luck with YMF7x4 series and Maestro-2. Thanks for that info m8. 😀

Reply 3 of 6, by Dae

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

Does the built in sound chip not work? It should be the SIS 7012 which should work with the windows98SE https://www.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php … driverid=635405 driver. I'm also thinking about getting one, but only if I know I can get at least some sound out of it. Preferably under dos too.

Thanks.

Reply 5 of 6, by Debugger

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
haker120 wrote on 2023-01-26, 19:29:

For me SB0100 in futro just... disables itself. xD I have the most luck with YMF7x4 series and Maestro-2. Thanks for that info m8. 😀

Hi. Wich setting and drivers did you use for ymh7x4? I had tried ymh744b and ymh724b with no luck.
I had the message "device not found"