VOGONS

First post, by ksiumaxx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I got old motherboard, Intel WS440BX E139761. Bios is in German but I would prefer to change it to English. There is proper option in BIOS options, but it's locked and I can't change it. Do you know, how am I able to do it?

EDIT: I tried flashing newest BIOS version, but language is still German and option is still locked

Last edited by ksiumaxx on 2022-05-08, 15:42. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 7, by AlexZ

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If the option is locked then you highly likely need to download English version of the BIOS and flash it.

Pentium III 900E, ECS P6BXT-A+, 384MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 128MB, Voodoo 2 12MB, 80GB HDD, Yamaha SM718 ISA, 19" AOC 9GlrA
Athlon 64 3400+, MSI K8T Neo V, 1GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT 512MB, 250GB HDD, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

Reply 6 of 7, by Grem Five

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Plasma wrote on 2022-05-08, 18:51:

iflash.exe is the utility. If somebody else here has the same motherboard, they can save the language flash to a file with iflash /sL english.lng

I tried what you mentioned but what I got was this:

RfPkCqul.jpg

I might have missed something as I'm not proficient at messing around with bios.

ksiumaxx have you tried the bios from https://theretroweb.com/motherboards/s/intel- … rings#downloads?

Reply 7 of 7, by ksiumaxx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Grem Five wrote on 2023-07-08, 21:49:
I tried what you mentioned but what I got was this: […]
Show full quote
Plasma wrote on 2022-05-08, 18:51:

iflash.exe is the utility. If somebody else here has the same motherboard, they can save the language flash to a file with iflash /sL english.lng

I tried what you mentioned but what I got was this:

RfPkCqul.jpg

I might have missed something as I'm not proficient at messing around with bios.

ksiumaxx have you tried the bios from https://theretroweb.com/motherboards/s/intel- … rings#downloads?

No i haven't, but I will and post my results.