VOGONS

First post, by Strahssis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi everyone,

I recently obtained a Technics SM-AC1200 and today I was checking the insides in order to see if anything needs maintenance. Ever since I saw a post on VOGONS about a SC-55 with a leaking battery, I have been checking all my MIDI devices to see if they have a battery or not. In this Technics I found two weird battery look-a-likes, but I have no idea what they are and if I should remove/replace them. I couldn't identify them using Google Lens either. One of them reads 4,13V on the multimeter, the other one 0,89V. Both together read 4,13V as well. Do any of you guys know what they are and what to do with them?

I couldn't find a free service manual either and information on these modules is scarce. Can anyone help me? More information about the module in general is also welcome.

It works great and I really like the sound for gaming. Especially the organ sound is amazing, which isn't surprising considering it is a Technics. I added a few sound samples as well for anyone interested.

Thanks in advance!

All the best,

Miko, Strahssis

Attachments

Mimi: AMD K6-2/266, S3 Trio64, Diamond Monster 3D II, Sound Blaster CT2800, 32MB RAM
Satellite 220CS: Pentium 133, SVGA DSTN, Sound Blaster Pro, 64MB RAM
Contura 420CX: 486DX4 75, VGA TFT, Roland Serial MIDI, 16MB RAM

Reply 2 of 2, by Strahssis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thank you for your help. Then I won't have to replace them until they show any sign of leakage, which they don't momentarily. 😀

Mimi: AMD K6-2/266, S3 Trio64, Diamond Monster 3D II, Sound Blaster CT2800, 32MB RAM
Satellite 220CS: Pentium 133, SVGA DSTN, Sound Blaster Pro, 64MB RAM
Contura 420CX: 486DX4 75, VGA TFT, Roland Serial MIDI, 16MB RAM