VOGONS

First post, by Rafal

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, I'm new to A1200, since now Ive only worked on the A600s. Anyway, i put a cwb advsp distro on my cf card, booted it and I see some rather strong flickering across all my screen, and the icons looks damaged/scrambled aswell. I post the pictures of this. Im sure it can be fixed, just don know how.

Oh and the hardware is a1200 board rev 2b + TF1230, standard light PSU.

Did any one see something like this before?

Attachments

• 20220610_010549.jpg
    Filename
    20220610_010549.jpg
    File size
    923.58 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • 20220610_010607.jpg
    Filename
    20220610_010607.jpg
    File size
    1.14 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 4, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Did you recap the motherboard ? A600s and A1200s are prone to capacitor leakage that will eventually destroy the motherboard

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 2 of 4, by Rafal

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh yes forgot to mention: first thing i did was a recap. Since it was some time ago I forgot there where small signs of damage in soldermask, around the caps near IDE connector, i used a pcb varnish to cover them up. Maybe theres an issue? About icons, i found something like "Icon.library by Peter Keunecke
http://aminet.net/package/util/libs/IconLib_46.4"
I will try it but first need to know how to install it... Okay so about the flicker, I need to check out that part on motherboard if there is anything that could affect the display, I know the 600s motherboard by heart, now I need to learn the 1200.

Reply 4 of 4, by Rafal

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I think it was a resolution issue, preprogrammed in the classic wb package. Solved it by just changing it for some lower one. Final fix was me getting an individsion flicker fixer so the problem is gone forever.