VOGONS

First post, by Croccy22

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,

I have just acquired a Fujitsu-ICL PCTV, but it doesn't have the remote control.

I have found a manual way of switching between the TV and the PC inputs, but so far I have not discovered any method of switching to either the Scart input or the Composite input on the back. I am guessing this is a button that can only be found on the remote control.

It's a long shot but does anyone here own one of these that has the remote control for it? Firstly I would like to know how you actually switch to the Scart input via the remote. Secondly, maybe we can find a way of capturing the codes so we can program them into a universal remote solution.

I am also investigating things from the software side, as it appears to load a DOS TSR into memory that listens for the remote control signals and then calls a windows .dll file which sends an I2C command to the controller inside the unit. I'm hoping I may be able to discover a way of just calling those routines without having the remote present.

Thanks, Matt.

Reply 1 of 1, by carlosjor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just got one of these units. Very dirty but in great condition. Only problem... dead HDD, so I don´t have software for it.
Do you have the original HDD working, and could you please share the contents? Mirror the drive or something?

Best regards, Carlos Jorge