VOGONS

First post, by winuser_pl

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi guys.
When I was a teenager my uncle gave me a computer as a gift, it was Fujitsu Siemens Xpert equipped with AMD Duron 900 and Nvidia Riva TNT 2 m64. Years after it was worn and I (sadly) throw it up. Now after a couple years of looking through the internet I was able to spot almost the same model on the auction and finally bought another.
Unfortunately I can find any details on the internet. On the fujitsu site there is no such model, please help me to track down manual etc.
The motherboard is MS 6340 ver1. It has integrated GPU (probably s3 savage).
Attached are real photos of my model. It certainly needs some care, but overall it's in good condition except couple scratches and one broken plastic.

Attachments

PC1: Highscreen => FIC PA-2005, 64 MB EDO RAM, Pentium MMX 200, S3 Virge + Voodoo 2 8 MB
PC2: AOpen => GA-586SG, 512 MB SDRAM, AMD K6-2 400 MHz, Geforce 2 MX 400

Reply 1 of 4, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Are thise the only stickers on it? In that case 83C 004080 would be the model number - but as you've already found: no hits on Fujitsu's site or Google. What concrete information do you expect to find in the manuals? The hardware is pretty self-explanatory.

Unfortunately I disagree with the statement that the PC is in good condition. Take a look at the caps - all of the medium-sized black ones are bulging. To be expected with this board, from the very height of the capacitor plague. It was so bad MSI even had a dedicated set of replacement caps for it you could order from their customer service from 2001-2004 or so. I'd recommend replacing all electrolytics on the board, not just the bulging ones.

Reply 2 of 4, by winuser_pl

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Agree, the capacitors will be replaced - no problem.
What I'm looking for is any proof on the internet of an existence of these PCs. Manual maybe, available configurations. I did looked even in wayback, but no trace at all. Google images search also does not give any good results.

PC1: Highscreen => FIC PA-2005, 64 MB EDO RAM, Pentium MMX 200, S3 Virge + Voodoo 2 8 MB

Reply 3 of 4, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
winuser_pl wrote on 2022-06-28, 11:17:

Agree, the capacitors will be replaced - no problem.
What I'm looking for is any proof on the internet of an existence of these PCs. Manual maybe, available configurations. I did looked even in wayback, but no trace at all. Google images search also does not give any good results.

The serial no. certainly tracks as an Xpert on the Fujitsu support site but doesn't say which one (from a drop-down list) and none of the sub-models seem an obvious match to yours - see a few posts on their community forum asking similar without reply. Suspect the motherboard was used in a few different ranges other than the Xpert, and the available Xpert manual in just a generic one. I'd guess the motherboard manual is pretty much the same as the MSI version, but there is an old link to it on the Fujitsu archive...

https://web.archive.org/web/20090521024305/uk … 340/MSI6340.PDF

EDIT: This looks very similar but has a Gigabyte GA-7ZMMC rather than the MSI - http://www.pixelbanane.de/yafu/1738148465/AMD2.jpg - from this forum post https://www.winhistory-forum.net/showthread.p … 99484#pid299484

Reply 4 of 4, by winuser_pl

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks! Nice finds.
I run Aida64 on the PC and it shows clearly that the motherboard is MSI MS-6342/K7M Pro (MS-6340M) with KM133 chipset and VIA ProSavage IGP.