Reply 60 of 60, by Skorbin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Chkcpu wrote on 2024-04-29, 09:53:
Hi Axel, […]
Show full quote
Skorbin wrote on 2023-06-09, 12:12:

And now, as I got hold of a FIC PA-2005 myself, I am so happy that this modified BIOS is available as well.
When the system is up and running, I will give you a feedback. Might take some time, though (still need to get and test some more components first).

Cheers, Axel

Hi Axel,

Earlier in this thread I indicated the limited Vcore support of the PA-2005 and the limited CPU support of the (patched) 6201J900 BIOS.
If you are going to mod the VRM or use an interposer to run a faster than 233MHz CPU, you will need additional BIOS support.
Let me know if you want this and I will put your request onto my "to be patched" list. 😉

Cheers, Jan

Hello Jan,

thank you very much for your offer!

The BIOS support for additional CPUs would be nice, but it is not urgent by any stretch of imagination.
The linear VRM on this board (as it currently is) limits the choice of CPUs anyhow.
And as I don't possess an interposer so far and not knowledgable enough to work on the VRM, I am fine with 233 MHz CPUs for the time being.
Anyhow, I don't mind if you put it onto your to-do-list somwhere in the future, as the wish to upgrade might arise and I am also not the only one to possess this board and others might enjoy the opportunity as well.

So feel free to do the patch, but take your own time!

Cheers, Axel