VOGONS

First post, by sndtst

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Anyone have any experience or know of any documentation related to OpenGL Stereo Graphics? I have been trying to get a Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro AGP (with a VESA stereo port) to work with a pair of NuVision 60GX glasses. I've tried a bunch of different drivers (for NT 4.0 SP6a, which I think is needed to access the OpenGL feature) and my test application is The NT version of Sudden Depth (which appears to support many different 3D standards including OpenGL Stereo Quad-Buffering) but so far every combination of drivers and settings I have tried keeps resulting in Sudden Depth reporting that "OpenGL Stereo is not supported by the current display configuration". Anyone else ever make this work?

A Sound Test for as many games as I can find at SNDTST.com

Reply 1 of 2, by sndtst

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Success! The final configuration I needed was to use the official Diamond FireGL 1000 Pro NT drivers (specifically nt41kp6f.exe, I`ll upload it to the Vogons Driver Database) and to set my graphics mode to 640x480 16bpp with a 120Hz refresh rate, though I think it would work as low as 60Hz. My specific card is the 4MB AGP version. the 8MB version should support higher resolutions. As far as I can tell none of he 3D Labs Permedia 2 NT drivers will enable the VESA DIN connector or OpenGL Stereo mode. Now to figure out how to enable stereo rendering in GLQuake 😀

Reply 2 of 2, by sndtst

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

GLQuake seems to have a bug, in 1.09 (GLQuake 0.95) if i set the X separation to a non-zero value which is supposed to enable stereo mode the screen becomes a garbled mess. Quake 2 however does work, it just takes a couple steps. First you need to run the following commands (from http://benryves.com/products/stereoquake) first make sure you have selected the Open GL renderer

cl_stereo 1
cl_stereo_separation 0.2 (personally preferred this value but its configurable)

then, after you run these commands you need to enter the video settings page and press enter. Quake 2 seems to need you to visit the video page before it sends the enable stereo command to the video card. I ran this on the 3.20 patch of Quake 2 so perhaps this was fixed in a later version)