VOGONS

First post, by Jasin Natael

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A question, I recently picked up a HP n3410 laptop pretty cheaply. I nabbed it because it has a K6-2+ 550 CPU and I'm a fan of all thing k6. However this thing despite being early 2000 model has a crappy dstn panel. Does anyone happen to know a drop in TFT replacement?

Or barring that a similar model that comes standard with the active matrix display?

I did a bit of searching one Google and eBay but couldn't find much.

It is 13.3" ( maybe 13.1") 800x600 resolution.
I didn't give much for the machine and I think the cpu alone is probably worth what I paid, but I would like to get it up and going for my old laptop collection. To be clear it works perfectly fine but I find the passive displays unusable.

Reply 1 of 2, by Jasin Natael

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Quick update in case anyone in the future ever tries this. I managed to find a replacement panel that is the same model as what the laptop currently has.
Unfortunately this doesn't help me as the direct replacement panel is also a passive matrix display.

However through some google sleuthing and ebay trolling I managed to find a TFT panel that is XGA and only .1" larger. This panel has the inverter and LVDS connectors on the same side as the old ones.
Kicker is I'm not sure and can't tell from the specs whether it is 20 pin or 30 pin and male or female.
So I ordered adapters to go either direction as well.

When they arrive I will update the post with whether or not it works.............