VOGONS

First post, by RayeR

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi, anybody knows what device used this board? It contains a nice M68k ceramic CPU (not socketed but soldered), a lot of prog. logic from Lattice, some SRAMs, fast gates and other parts usable for some else projects. I guess it would not be easy to bring it to life without the rest of the system...

Attachments

Gigabyte GA-P67-DS3-B3, Core i7-2600K @4,5GHz, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, GTX970(GF7900GT), SB Audigy + YMF724F + DreamBlaster combo + LPC2ISA

Reply 1 of 6, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

sorry no idea at the moment. Can post a better picture so we can zoom in ?

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 2 of 6, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Some kind of Bay Networks/Nortel brand communications processor board.

Like this one https://nwrusa.com/products/7312

EDIT: I think you would need a compatible router chassis to do anything useful with it.

Reply 3 of 6, by RayeR

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hm, so it means some big router like from CISCO... OK, it wouldn't make sense to try it run, it will serve for parts mining... 😀

Gigabyte GA-P67-DS3-B3, Core i7-2600K @4,5GHz, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, GTX970(GF7900GT), SB Audigy + YMF724F + DreamBlaster combo + LPC2ISA

Reply 4 of 6, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
RayeR wrote on 2022-10-24, 16:09:

Hm, so it means some big router like from CISCO... OK, it wouldn't make sense to try it run, it will serve for parts mining... 😀

Yeah, probably the beats scenario . These were likely designed and built to high quality standards and used in well ventilated chassis in temperature controlled data centers, so would make great parts donors .

Reply 5 of 6, by RayeR

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Shaved like a teen p*y 😀
* tens of GALs
* CPLDs with 32 - 128 Mcells
* fast static SRAMs
* tens of 16-bit buffers
* unidentified ASICs - trashed...

Attachments