VOGONS

First post, by andy120

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My asus PVI-486 with a POB83 will not recognise any dos or hard drive with an os on it. Tryed usb floppy with dos 6, 7 win98se boot, CF with 98. it did read a 512 with 98 but after trying a 2gb CF (normal or LBA) , i cannot get it to read the 512 (normal) either. Have put the FDD and HDD on an off board card with no joy as well.

Powered by one Harris 286-12

Reply 1 of 8, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
andy120 wrote on 2022-11-05, 18:17:

My asus PVI-486 with a POB83 will not recognise any dos or hard drive with an os on it. Tryed usb floppy with dos 6, 7 win98se boot

How are you using a USB floppy drive on the PVI-486 ? It does not have any USB ports and doubt you could get a USB PCI adapter to work with a USB floppy drive on it.... just curious.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 2 of 8, by andy120

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have one of those floppies that use a usb stick cut up into 100 disks. I have found some real 3.5" floppies to try. No usb's on board, but i do have a nec chipped usb card and a usb floppy. i will give them a go. Last i tried, the usb floppy disks were not interchangeable with the real FDD's for some reason.